In spring, the trees are covered with leaves and flowers, summer brings a harvest of fruits, in autumn multicolored leaves fall from the trees, and winter covers them with frost and snow – this is the life cycle of nature. Why do seasons change on Earth? Can 4 seasons be distinguished in each climate? Where does the snow come from? Children are curious about the world around them, they want to get to know it and ask many questions. It’s best to answer them while you are having fun!
The theme of the Four Seasons game is focused on nature and the phenomena occurring in it. During the game, children learn to recognize the seasons of the year, characteristics of a given period, and have the opportunity to ask many questions that are fundamental to their cognitive development. The game also gives parents an excuse to talk about ecology and protection of our planet. It is good and smart fun, and also gives a lot of joy to children and adults!
What is the game about?
Players have at their disposal blocks with images of trees and children, and a deck of cards. The player’s task is to arrange the towers of blocks in such a way as to create trees characteristic for a given season and to match the girl’s clothes to each season.
The game begins by dividing the cards into two groups: with images of trees and children. In the first stage, the child pairs the drawings on cards, e.g. a card with a tree and falling leaves with a girl in rubber boots and an umbrella. Then, based on the cards, the child names the season and recreates it by building images of trees and girls’ figures from blocks.
Educational and developmental values of the game
- Develops hand-eye coordination which is particularly important for the proper development of a child and learning at school
- Trains the ability to map what stimulates the development of the left hemisphere of the brain (noticing differences and their analysis)
- Influences the development of concentration, exercises logical and analytical thinking
- It allows you to carry out exercises consisting in imitating the patterns presented on the cards or arranging patterns from memory
- Thanks to the game, the child acquires basic knowledge of nature
- The game teaches you to distinguish between the seasons and the characteristics of a given season
- Teaches how to distinguish colors
- It influences the strengthening of relationships in the family and in a group of peers
- It evokes positive emotions, gives a lot of joy, smile and motivation to act
Pay attention to:
- Game elements that are also blocks, so that after the game is over, children can continue to play in any way, using only their own imagination
- A simple yet unique game idea that has an impact on children’s development
- Interesting game scenario that is interesting for both toddlers and adults
- Workmanship – high-class material, no sharp edges, product durability, vivid colors
- The game includes stickers for self-sticking and colorful cards with tasks
- An interesting idea for introducing a child to the rules of the game may be to explain their rules while unfolding and sticking its elements. Thanks to this, usually the least interesting stage of the game becomes engaging and addictive.
What’s in the kit?
15 blocks: 12 2-pin blocks, 3 1-pin blocks
A deck of 8 cards with tasks – patterns to be arranged
A set of stickers for self-sticking bricks
Age of players: 2+
Number of players: 1-2
Game time: 15-20 minutes
Be prepared for great fun that will involve the whole family!
The fun never ends with the Play & Fun series of games!